Wednesday, November 5, 2008

So I am off

First I have to say, GOBAMA! (Go Obama mixed into one word)

I got to see the broadcast of McCain and Obama's speaches this morning while it was still night in the USofA. I was almost moved to tears (or maybe more than almost) when it sunk in that it had really happened. My host brother however was not so happy, being a Hillary supporter. He was also relieved because as he said "now Sarah Pallen can join the pussycat dolls" He is a funny kid. Anyway to the meaning of this post...

So I have yet another revision of my ISP plan. I still leave tomorrow for the jungle, but am only staying until tuesday or thursday, depending on how much there is to do there. If I only stay till tuesday, than I am going to Tamatave to talk to Conservation International there about accessing carbon finance for their new corridor, connecting an existing reserve and a soon to be created reserve. Tamatave is north and east of Tana, it is on the coast and I have heard that it is quite spectacular. It looks like I have a win win situation. Plus I get to go to Andasebe again, a rainforest not to far from Tana, to do a 3 day study of a reforestation project there. I would look at how it is applied at the community level. I am pertty pumped for this adventure to get underway.

GO America!

4 comments:

Kathy B said...

I'm really impressed with the way you've managed the disappointment and uncertainty surrounding this ISP. Hopefully these plans will get you excited again.

I'm also glad you could be so connected to the election returns. We had a great party last night and lots of people were getting calls from their kids in other states. Your call was definitely the farthest away. Stay safe Jeff. Love Mom

bea said...

Hey Jeff.......I gave your blog entries to my friend the dentist's wife who is in Madagascar with her kids many years ago. She is duly impresed and eager for more stories. Love to you from Gomma (Ah Ah, too)

bea said...

Hey Jeff.....I showed you stories to my friend the dentist's wife who spent some time in Madagascar many years ago.....with her 4 young children. She is eager for more, as am I. Love to you from Gomma (also Ah Ah)
PS I never know what actually goes through to you. Sometimes it seems to work and sometimes it doesn't.

bea said...

Well.I see that both comments went though. Sorry about that